My n-Daily Ranting

Friday, April 01, 2005

May she rest in peace, so as to many

This will be my last blog about Terri.
It's an incredible story and experience for me.
I have learnt a lot about US society in this ordeal.
Raised in China, I always have mixed feeling about
the "democracy" in US. On the one hand, you cannot
argue against free speech and election. On the other
hand, it is always my belief that "democracy" works
only to a certain level, i.e., there's a limit on
how well "democracy" works WRT the size and how
well educated of the population.
Free speech is great and all, but too much information
(misinformation) from free speech is counter productive.
Uneducated or not well informed population is as easy
to manipulate as those in "non-democratic" countries.
I guess low election turn-out rate in US is another
form of political wisdom in "democracy" as well as
the "don't talk about polictics" in "non-democracy".

May Terri rest in peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home