My n-Daily Ranting

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Day care

I grew up in day care. Not that my parents don't care
about me, but they were both busy working during day
time and attending night schools to get a college degree.
I was in day care before I was even 1 years old and
I grew up just fine. And yeah, that's in China.
When boston city mayor Thomas M. Menino proposed
all-day preschool for four year olds, I am surprised
that many would oppose it. Some obviously for economic
reasons, like more burdens on the property tax. But
some just reject the idea of day care outright. What's
the big fuss about it? Man work and woman stay home
may be the norm for US for the past, it's not norm at
all around the world and even now in the US. I consider
mayor's suggestion an interesting one and whether it's
a good or bad idea depends on how the plan will be
financed, not the merits of day care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home