My n-Daily Ranting

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Homeowner, not easy

To be a homeowner in US, you have to be a plumber,
a painter, a roofer, an electrician and list goes on,
unless of course, you earn enough to pay for such services.
It snowed again today, and I noticed that my snow
thrower is not chewing up happily. My neighbour
noticed too and was kind enough to come up and
pointed out to me that one of the screws was damaged
and needs to be replaced. He's kind enough to give
his spare one so that I could plow the way out to work.
It's the always the small things. And it's doesn't
seem easy at all especially when you did not grow
up with parents doing these kinds of things. So I am
always amazed to see teenage boys and girls at
Homedepot with their parents, apprently knowing
a lot of how-to than I do.
I have learnt to do a lot after becoming a homeowner
that my dad would be surprised how much I can do.
Of course, you know what happens in China. It's dirt
cheap to hire something to do whatever job you
wanted. Sometimes, I wonder maybe I would feel
richer in China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home