My n-Daily Ranting

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Abuse of power?

Healey says ride through traffic was wrong
This headline angered right wing and so-called independent
talking heads and vehemently argued that it's not an abuse
of power. I am glad that they mentioned the traffic jams
brought by the Harvard visit by Chinese Premier in 2003.
In China, it's routine for someone of power to blast through
traffic or simply block the whole area. I am used to it and
I will not complain. Because I don't hold high standard.
So I admire Healey for her apology and promise. She lived
up to the higher standard. Now if those talking heads want
to lower the standard and cut some slacks, that's fine as
long as you don't claim higher moral grounds than China.
You can't have both ways, that'll be like eh, a flip-flopper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home