My n-Daily Ranting

Friday, December 10, 2004

Grey Collar Worker

I called a bunch of tree services.
TreePro of Quincy responded and came as promised the next day.
TreeTech of Foxboro promised to come, but did not.
This is not the first time a contractor promised to come for an
estimate and then failed to show up.
Back in July, I called a couple of Electricians. One of them
promised to come each day for five days. I gave up on him
eventually.
Maybe the "grey collar" workers, as my parents referred to for
home-related contractors(Electricians, Plumbers, Landscape,
Tree Services, Appliance, etc), are really the ultimate safe jobs
in US in an age of outsourcing.
Of course, in China, "grey collar" workers are as insecure as
any other workers with different colors in collar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home